Thursday, July 21, 2011

Something I found interesting

I would like to suggest that teachers will find the current issue of The Atlantic (July-August) particularly interesting, appropriate, and thought-provoking.

The article on the cult of self-esteem makes a lot of sense to me; it ought to be brought to the attention of anyone who is involved in the life of children.

"The World's Schoolmaster" is also noteworthy.

Perhaps the most interesting article for me is "The Brain on Trial." Although the article focuses on criminal behavior, I couldn't help but think about P.J's earlier blog about the students he just doesn't reach. I also thought about many of the students I just couldn't understand.

As well, there is a short piece on the public employee as the new enemy that many of us will find interesting.

There are also lots of other fascinating articles that did not relate directly to mathematics education but were otherwise interesting; I hope you find it as thought provoking as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment